If you are trying to land a job in a different city or state, you may have to go through part of the interview process over the phone.
Or, if you are a local candidate, the first round of a multi-stage interview process may start with a phone interview.
In either case, you need to be prepared to handle a call with a hiring manager.
- Find a quiet place during the call.
- Make sure you have a good phone connection and reception.
- Try to sound professional and talk clearly with confidence.
- Nurses need to talk about their clinical skills as well as “soft skills,” such as compassion and caring. Be ready with a couple of examples that highlight all of your skills. Highlight both expertise and compassion. Don’t worry about sounding like you’re bragging; you’re just talking about what you do well.
- Use manners, be polite, and respectful during the phone interview.
- Sound enthusiastic and interested!
CE Health Careers can help you prepare for your interview and land the job! If you are interested in looking for new nursing jobs, our experienced team can help you every step of the way, including the interview process.
Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-722-7469.